Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Watkins Thanksgiving

   We had another wonderful Watkins Thanksgiving. First, I was spoiled by Pappi, who did all the cooking for our great Thanksgiving dinner. Second, they hosted it at their house and third they also provided all the entertainment. This Thanksgiving we went to Pappi and Grammy's house to stuff our bellies with Pappi wonderful cooking.
     Pappi and Grammy's house is the ideal place for all of us to come party and relax since their house is now open and seems big. We even brought our dog Tuggle with us, so he could be in the festivities and he seemed to really like being able to run around and also play with a friend, Macy. Poor Pappi, like I said, did all the cooking work and he did a fabulous job. He didn't skimp on anything. We, or course, had a great turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, yams, shrimp salad, raspberry jello and more but that was just Thanksgiving dinner. Then we had the deserts, which of course the kids were more interested in. Pappi had pies, donuts, candy and did I say pies? Like I said, Pappi doesn't hold back and he knows what we all like, so everyone had something that they loved about Thanksgiving. Then if we didn't tire Pappi out enough with cooking they also entertained the children.
       Pappi and Grammy pulled out the four wheeler and took the children around on the four wheeler. Uncle Micheal also took a turn in driving them around. They loved it but where very cold. (I know some of you laugh at my statement of cold but they had rosy cheeks and probably could have used a really thick jacket for this activity.) We even had to put gloves on!!! Anyway, Tuggle again was in heaven because we tested him and let him run around without a leash. Macy is already use to this but since we live in a place with no yard he is always on the leash. When we let him go, I think he didn't know what to do. He tested the boundaries at the beginning to figure out where he could go and then he stayed with us. Before going in he did run to the back of the yard and Matthew had to chase him down but we feel he did great. This dog was in heaven. Then we all came into rest and the kids watched a few Christmas movies.
       My sister-in-law was also awesome in helping us get a family picture. My kids have been telling me that we don't officially have a family picture because we don't have a picture with our dog Tuggle in it. So I asked Aunt Felicia if she would bring her nice camera and snap a few pics. They came out great as you can see. Only my family has a problem with keep our eyes open, looking at the camera or doing bunny ears. I will be honest, though, it was me that has a hard time with keeping my eyes open. I squint when I smile, what can I say? We also all were due for a haircut but do I think about this when setting up a picture shoot? Noooo.




They still turned out great though and we thought the bunny ear picture shows our family to a "T". Thank you Aunt Felicia.  
       Like I said, I was spoiled. No cooking, no cleaning (even though I tried to help clean a little) and a big happy family. What more can I ask for? In fact, I think this Mommy already had her Christmas wish come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment