Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Santa Comes On Christmas Eve????

   So I am sure that my kids think by now that holidays are all two day events. Even Christmas. We had such a great Christmas Eve and Christmas. This Christmas we spent with lots of family. Pappi, Grammy, Michael, Felicia, Alex, Mira and we can't forget the two dogs Macee and Tuggle. Sounds like a house full but with Pappi and Grammy's remodeling, there was plenty of room, even for the dogs to run around comfortable. We were treated this Christmas Eve, once again by Pappi wonderful goodies and junk food. He made his great cheese balls, seven layer dip, crackers, chips, salami, other cheeses, soda and more. Yep!! I'm pretty sure I gained five pounds or more that night. And I didn't even include the desserts of donuts, pies, cookies and candy galore. 
    My favorite thing that we do at holidays is just sit and talk about everything and anything. We do have very interesting conversations going and many at the same time. The kids enjoyed watching cartoons on Pappi and Grammy's Christmas present, a brand new T.V. Macee and Tuggle had fun sniffing for food crumbs, Tuggle teasing Macee and Tuggle also learned how to use Pappi and Grammy's dog door. I think Tuggle especially loved that he know now he can escape outside on his own.   
    Like I said above, I think my kids think all holidays are at least two days long. Since we were all together at Pappi and Grammy's they thought it a good idea to let the kids and family open their Christmas presents early so they could see the kids open them. I wasn't opposed at the idea because who doesn't like to open presents early. Here is what we all got for Christmas:
    
Matthew-lots of gift cards to the movies
Lori- lots of clothes
Ethan- Minecraft mini figures, Minecraft Netherland lego set, 2 Minecraft books (for Christmas book tradition)
Addison- Princess Pajamas, Play dough ice cream cone and Play dough Ice cream maker, Christmas house, sled and sign paint set and Don't Push the Button (Christmas book tradition)
Uncle Michael's family also gave us Insideout movie as a family gift, which Addison has already watched almost daily. 

For Christmas we gave Pappi an math clock and Grammy a bag full of hot chocolate, with chocolate dipped spoons, a mug that says Grammy and goodies. We also wanted to give our Uncles, Aunts and cousins something so we gave everyone our favorite movie this year, Home with stress blankie bubble wrap, and some caramel popcorn.

Great Grandma Watkins came back from her schooling and Rexburg and was able to join us in our festivities. She also spoiled us all. She gave Matthew her famous homemade caramels and brown and white fudge. She gave me a beautiful pearl necklace. Ethan a cowboy hat and bandanna and Addison a beautiful crotchet headband. 

We were very spoiled again this Christmas. I kept telling the kids that I think Santa already came. I told them that now they know the truth, Grammy and Pappi are Santa Claus. They didn't want to accept that and didn't believe me. They seemed to think that even after all that, Santa was still going to come. 
Again, I only list all the things that we recieved and give so I can remember in the future what I have already given and so I can remind the kids all the wonderful things they have been given in their lifetime. I have such terrible memory that even now I am hoping that I got it all straight but non the less you can see we had a great Christmas Eve with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment