Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Best Christmas Gift of All

   


 Oh no. Christmas was not over in our family because the best Christmas gift that we received this year was Mark's family coming to see us. Mark, Terry and Katy did arrive safely at Pappi and Grammy's house and of course we all went over to visit, spread our love and enjoy this family that we haven't seen for forever. We did, though scare poor Terry and Katie. Terry at first didn't know about us but he eventually warmed up to us but Katy had a little harder time. It wasn't tell the end of the third day that we saw her smile, talk and look happy. (I don't blame her. We are a very crazy bunch of people). 
     When Mark's family arrived, we didn't let them have a quiet moment every. We crammed as many events as we could in and probably wore them out. The first evening we saw them, the kids got to drive the new battery operated four wheeler they bought the grand children. Kids loved being able to drive that four wheeler by themselves but they also did have to learn a few rules on how and where to drive it. 
    











   




   

   Then the next day, Matthew had them all go to the new Star Wars movie. By the way, this was Matthew's third time going but he liked it so much that he still wanted to go again after that. Anyway all the boy, Matthew, Ethan, Mark, Terry, and Pappi went to the movie while Grammy, Felicia, Addison, Katy, Alex, Mira and I went to Grammy's school and had a picnic and played on the school playground. Unfortunately, we did have one accident where poor little Alex tripped and scrapped his upper lip. And where the upper lip is concerned, it just bleeds and bleeds and bleeds. At first I think he cried because it did hurt but then he was crying because he wanted to go play and not be held down until his lip at least slowed down on bleeding. When it started to get a little cold and the kids were tired of playing outside, we then went into Grammy's classroom and the kids played with her toys and drawed, while us ladies tried to help Grammy get ready for school after the break. During this time I wasn't much help and was really trying to get Katy to warm up to me, to no success. I think in fact I might of scared her more. They kids were all really good, even terrified Katy but they were very relieved when Mark and Michael (Daddy) showed up. We continued to help Grammy and then by dinner time, headed over to join Terry, Ethan and Matthew at home and have dinner. (Pappi had to leave for a wrestling event after the show unfortunately, which left Matthew babysitting Terry). I don't think Terry, Ethan or Matthew minded though. They all seemed to be having fun when we showed up. Then we stayed up late talking and playing games.
     The next day (New Years Eve) we went to Pappi and Grammy's house again to visit more and also to see Grammy Great who came from Utah. Grammy Great came with gifts for Addison's birthday with another big Winter Minnie Mouse animal and a cute Minnie Mouse sun visor that Addison wore around all night long. I also brought gifts and treats hoping to bribe the kids into liking me but still didn't seem to work on Katy. I made them each a mini book like Uncle Matthew received for Christmas because they really liked his book and was even trying to take with them. I gave them each one with their names on it with some stickers and a sparkly pencil. Terry loved it and was the one that wanted it the most but once again Katy didn't show any emotion. (Now in all fairness to Katy, they think she has Asperger and so it does take her a long time to warm up to people and be comfortable). Plus this poor little girl went without her Mommy to see strange people, a lot of us that she hasn't seen before. Plus she was left alone with these strange people for most of the day while the boys went to a movie. So I did not blame her for not even wanting to stand to close to me, but like I said above, this was the day later that night that she began talking, smiling, and being a little silly in front of us. Mind you she was sitting by her Daddy and she wasn't really talking to us but she at least showed us her beautiful smile and I got to hear her beautiful voice. Also note, when I say that I tried to warm up to her. I wasn't very forceful in fear to make her more scared of me and even though I did try to talk to her lots, I didn't ever try to touch her without a little permission or stand to close to her. I tried not to be the overbearing Aunt.
   Mark also treated us to a five star, two thumbs up dinner. He made us the best chicken with a great big salad and french bread dinner. I have to say, I was expecting the junk food and treats for our New Year dinner and was excited about it to. Then I saw salads and thought, what, healthy food on New's Year???!!! But after the first bite, you would agree that it was better than those millions of junk food calories that I was banking on. 
   I hope one day we can live closer and not just because I am hoping that Mark will cook us meals all the time but so I can get to know Katy and Terry more. They are both fun and sweet kids. I am a very blessed Aunt with lots of wonderful nieces and nephews. Now to just convince the parents they all need to move to our warm, friendly state of Nevada. I think we have already tempted Mark a little. 
     Unfortunately, Mark's family had to leave us and return home to mother and their home. I think they were all excited to get back but they left a lot of family sad over here and like I said, I hope that we will get to see them again soon and eventually live closer. This was the best Christmas present this Aunt could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment