Wednesday, May 18, 2016

1st Piano Recital

   This week was my first piano recital with students and my students first piano recital ever. I made this piano recital Disney themed. Each student had one piece of their choice memorized, one primary duet with me and a Disney song of their choice. For one of my students, I was a little nervous that they wouldn't have their Disney song ready or their piece memorized but they all did great. I also realized that night that I have only had these students for 4 1/2 months and for only a short period of time they did really good.
      I tried to make it fun also by making a Mad Hatter Hat for them to wear during their Disney song but since they were nervous, they decided to not wear it. I also played a Disney Medley which everyone said was fun to listen to and figure out what Disney song I was playing.
    Afterwards I had Disney themed refreshments and I gave each student a basket of piano games, treats and a picture of them playing the piano. For the refreshments there were A Spoon Full of Sugar Cookies, Tigger Tails (Pretzels dipped in orange chocolate), Poisoned Apples(rice krispy treats with tootsie rolls), Pixie Dust (Pixie Sticks), True Loves Kiss (Chocolate kisses) and Bing Bong's Tears (variety of wrapped candy) and Melted Snowman to drink (water).
    For a gift I made each student piano games like finger twister, Busted piano notes,  Piano Puzzle (matching notes to keyboard), Note Dominoes, and then some fun prizes: a whoopee cushion, light up ball, bubble bath, grow capsules and bubbles. I hope that the games help them to keep practicing and learning during the summer.
     In the end, I think it was a big success. The students were proud of themselves, the parents were proud of their children and this teacher was super proud of her students and how hard they worked. I hope they want to continue and that they keep up their good work.  
Here is the video of the piano recital linked to youtube by clicking
Watkins Piano Recital










No comments:

Post a Comment