Friday, August 26, 2016

California Wedding

    On August 19th, 2016, my only brother married a wonderful young lady, Briana. I was blessed and fortunate to be able to drive with my family to Fantana, California and witness the sealing of this beautiful couple. Since it was in California that the wedding took place, a lot of Anthony's side wasn't able to attend. Some that came was Grandma Brooks, Dad, Mom, Holly, Uncle Clint and Aunt Emily and our family.
     We almost wondered if we would be able to make the just few hours drive to the wedding. The roads were being shut down due to extreme fires. Unfortunately, my parents along with Grandma Brooks and Holly had a long seventeen hour drive because of the road closer all around but were finally able to find a road that got them to their destination. Our family drove the next day and later in the day hoping that the roads would be open, which they were but you could see where the fires got out of control by the road and why they had to close the down.
      The kids were excited to finally stay at a hotel this summer even though Daddy thought that the La Quinta hotel was a little dumpy and thought we should have paid a little more money for a better hotel. Know one else complained, though, and were just happy to be in California and had a place to stay for everyone, including our dog Tuggle.
      After a beautiful sealing for time and all eternity in the beautiful Redlands temple, we meet up with Dad, Mom, Holly and Grandma Brooks for lunch and ate at Sizzlers. It was nice to be able to chat with everyone, since we haven't seen everyone in what seems like an eternity. Plus the food was really great as well. Trying to decided what to do with the rest of the time and thinking about going to the beach but then realizing that we were tired and worried about Tuggle at the hotel. We decided to go back to the hotel and rest before the reception that night. Daddy and Mommy both laid down and took naps from lack of sleep at night. The kids are a little restless in their sleep and it didn't help that we had double beds. A little small for us we decided. In the future we decided to make sure to get queen or kings beds for us to share. Anyway, while Daddy and Mommy napped the kids played on the ir electronic devices or watched what was on t.v.
       Then at around 7 pm we went to the reception. It was very beautiful how they had it set up. They decided not to do a line and torture the family or brides maids. Sadly, since it was Anthony and Briana's day, and they were in the spotlight and everyone wanted their attention, I wasn't able to talk to Briana and get to know her. The first time I met Briana was at the temple sealing when marriage my brother. From talking to my family, being a friend on Facebook and seeing my brother with his bride, she is a remarkable young woman and I am proud that my brother was able to marry her. Hopefully in the future, there will be a day that I can sit and get to know her better. If they live in California area then we might be able to visit them sometime.
       Through all this I couldn't believe that my little kid brother was old enough to be getting married to an awesome girl. I remember bossing and torturing this little boy. Yes, I admit, I was a mean older sister to my younger brother and we aren't as close as siblings but I still love him and think I grow up to be an amazing young man. In fact as an older sister, I look up to him in challenges that he has had to face in his life. He is a great example. I still have a hard time though grasping the concept of Anthony starting his own family. I am excited and eager to see how the future goes for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment