Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Gifts for Primary

     If you haven't noticed from the last few posts, I have had projects galore and I have loved every minute of it. Another project that I put upon myself was getting the Christmas sharing time and singing time ready for our Christmas program ready. Also, getting the gifts for teacher, and president ready and to show them off. I am mainly doing this post to give a big shout out and thank you to my mother who got sucked into my crazy project and helped me. 
      First off, for the program I felt inspired one night in putting together the sharing time lesson for Christmas. I have clues for each person in the nativity. Children will read the clue under their chair, then we will hopefully figure out who is being talked about. Then a Sunbeam will come find that person in my plastic nativity to put on a table. Then there is also a scripture to all of the clues that another will read and then we will also sing a song that correlates with this person as well. I hope it goes well but I think it sounds fun as well as spiritual in remembering the birth of Christ. If we have time at the end we will also show them the five minute movie of "The Nativity." Then for their Christmas present we are passing out a bag of M&Ms with a poem about the M being turned into different letters to represent the Nativity. I have to say that is part was disappointing to me because we spent a lot on M&Ms and the children are only getting a little tiny handful for Christmas but we decided the focus wasn't on the gift but the birth of Christ. 
      Like mentioned above, we are also giving the teachers gifts. The guys will be getting a goodie bag of candies with the saying "The magic of Christmas is not in the presents but in His presence." The woman will be getting a sign with the same quote. This is where my mom came in. She did the vinyl lettering for me and mailed them to me so I could make these signs. I think they turned out great and my husband even in a panic asked me if I bought these signs and how much it cost. I told him that my Mom and I made them and I only spent a dollar for ribbon on the signs. He was very relieved and impressed. 
      My primary president doesn't know this but I have also had the primary put together a gift for her. We made her a book of thanks and the kids drew themselves as lego people. I even had the teacher do it as well. It was lots of fun. I also got her a cute frame with a quote from Seagull Book to show that we love all she does for us. I can't wait for Sunday to present these all to them but also to do my sharing time. I think it will be the best Sunday we have had. 






No comments:

Post a Comment