Wednesday, December 16, 2015

School Christmas Party

          So, this Mommy hasn't learned to tell her brain to turn off. We had parent teacher conferences the other night with Ethan's teacher, (which she pretty much said he is to smart and is absorbing and excelling in everything.), anyway, I asked the teacher if their was going to be a Christmas party on Friday. Ethan has the choice of going to school Friday because on Thursday he is going to the opening of Star Wars with Daddy and won't get home until one in the morning.She told Ethan that all they were going to do is watch a Christmas show and she was probably just bring some cookies. I told Ethan that he probably wasn't going to miss much but he thought that sounded fun I guess and wants to go. 
      Well Mommy got to thinking that maybe she could contribute to the Christmas party/movie and take a treat to Ethan's class. So I asked the teacher if that would be okay and she said they would love it, of course. I have a lot of plastic bags from the dollar store that I didn't use for primary and I had google eyes, pipe cleaners and pom poms for other crafts. So I had the idea to do snowman and reindeer treats. Crazy, I know. Like I said, my brain can't help it. So after putting kids to bed I went to the store, (an excuse to get out of the house since I have been feeling a little mean and down) and got supplies for the treats. This is how they turned out from the picture below. We even had extra and Mommy is tempted to get another bag of marshmallows to just make snowman bags for the bus stop kids and get rid of some more of the extra bags in my drawer. 
      For those that can't see the picture, Addison and I put marshmallows for the body, pretzels for the arms, chocolate chocolate chips for buttons and face and a orange tic tac for the nose. Then we made candy cane reindeer with the pipe cleaners, pom poms and google eyes. Unfortunately, I didn't have quiet enough red pom poms so I told Ethan if it was a big deal to the kids tell them the red noses are Rudolph and the black ones are Sven from the movie Frozen.  I think they are fun and might have something fun to do while they are just watching a movie. I hope the teacher feels the same. In the end, as long as Ethan is happy and proud then Mommy feels the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment